The Story Woman's Club has been active since it was first organized at the home of C.W. Beavers in 1919. Mrs. Cleo Spurrier was the first president. Anyone living in the Story community is welcome to belong to this service and social organization. Since the beginning, the club members have devoted time to many worthwhile community projects. The two primary projects of the club are the maintenance and preservation of the club building and the serving of dinners to any bereaved family in the community.
A club motto and song were adopted in 1924, and two years later the club voted to start a fund for a club building or meeting place. In 1929 Milt Eychener gave a building site, and in the fall of 1930 the building was started by the laying of a corner stone. The logs used to erect the building were donated by Superior Inches Brown and were cut and skidded out of Little Piney during the winter of 1930-1931 by the men of the community. In the spring of 1931 the building was ready for use though not completed. In 1934 a kitchen was added and the following year the front porch enclosed. Electricity was added in 1941.
MISSION STATEMENT 1919
The mission of the Story Woman's club shall be to promote sociability in the community, to aid worthy community projects and to govern and maintain the building and property for the use of the community.
CLUB MOTTO 1924
Trust not to each accusing tongue as some weak people do, but still believe that story false which ought not to be true.